Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 9 minutes Total Time: 23 minutes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 8 slices soft white bread, crusts cut off
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter. With a fork, stir in 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon until a smooth spreadable mixture forms. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons sugar with 2 tablespoons cinnamon. Set aside.
- After cutting the crusts, roll one slice out to about 1/8 inch thickness with a rolling pin. Spread each slice with a thin layer of butter mixture and roll up tightly. Repeat with the remaining bread and butter.
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in a large non stick pan and let melt over medium heat. Dip one roll at a time in the egg mixture and place in the sauté pan. Allow roll ups to saute for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside. Remove to a work surface and sprinkle each roll up with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve with maple syrup.
There are many other things you can add to this recipe. You can put strawberries , Nutella, chocolate, raspberries, cream cheese in the roll up. There is many more to try, the possibilities are endless.