Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Servings: 6
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chickpeas in a strainer. Air dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Place chickpeas on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, stirring to coat. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in oven, for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until golden brown. (the chickpeas may start popping at this time, which is a good indicator they are almost done.)
- Remove from oven.
- Stir together sea salt, cayenne, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Toss hot chickpeas in spice mixture. salt to taste.
Chickpeas are a good and healthy snack. Sometimes when I make these, before putting them in the oven I mix them in hot sauce and put the spices on them, then put the chickpeas in the oven. When they are done I usually put some more on there. They are absolutely a delicious snack to try out. I make these every time I can get them, plus they are really good in salad too.