Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 (8 oz.) tube, crescent dough sheet
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cup (1 pint) fresh frozen blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1/4 cup. sliced almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the parchment paper, roll out the crescent dough, and pinch together any holes.
- In a bowl, cream together the 4 oz. cream cheese and 2 Tbsp. of sugar. Spread into the center of the dough, leaving about 4″ on each side. Using kitchen shears or a knife cut diagonal 1″ strips along the sides of the dough.
- Rinse and drain the blueberries in a bowl, add the remaining 2 Tbsp. of sugar, and the corn starch, and mix together to coat the berries. Pour the berry mixture over the center cream cheese area of the dough. Sprinkle the berries with the sliced almonds.
- Gently fold over each end of the dough on to the berries, and fold in each strip of the dough, until all the berries and almonds are encased. Sprinkle the top of the dough with the raw sugar granules. Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes.
- While pastry is baking, mix together the glaze by creaming together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and milk. Mix until smooth.
- When breakfast braid come out of the oven, drizzle with glaze. Slice and serve.