- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. root beer extract or 1 tsp. root beer concentrate
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. root beer
- 1 tsp. root beer extract or 1/4 tsp. root beer concentrate
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in eggs, root beer extract and vanilla.
- Gradually add in flour and root beer until combined.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool pan for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Whip butter, root beer extract and vanilla for frosting until fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Add root beer until you reach desired consistency.
- Transfer to piping bag and frost each cupcake.
- Top with cherry and cut straw in half. (optional)
I love root beer floats, I thought this was really good. You can also use root beer in cakes to, just replace the oil with root beer instead. I hope you guys enjoy this recipe, especially if your a root beer fan like me.