- 2 boxes pie crusts (total of 4), room temperature
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed out
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- One crust at a time, unroll onto work surface and cut into six 3″x4″ rectangles. Repeat with the other crusts; cover with towel to keep them from drying.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil until hot. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until completely cooked through. Add the taco seasoning and stir. Add the corn and beans, cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool till its warm.
- Place six pie crusts rectangles on one your prepared baking sheets.
- Top with a spoonful of the beef filling, followed by a handful of shredded cheese.
- Top with six more crusts and gently press around the edges. Use a fork to crimp and seal; make a few small incisions in the top to allow steam to escape Brush with some of the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat with all the crusts and fillings.
This a great lunch idea, for kids too. Just don’t let it brown too much, it may not taste the best. 🙂