Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes It makes 16 bars
You will need: For the Brownies
- 1 and 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and !/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain/all purpose flour
For the Cheesecake:
- 2 and 1/4 cups cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plain/ all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of an 8×8″ baking pan with aluminum foil, leave an overhang on two opposites sides. Set aside the pan.
- Wisk together the butter, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder. Stir in the vanilla extract, then mix in the eggs, one at a time though. Fold in the flour until fully incorporated, beating until thick and shiny.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the batter, and set aside. Pour the remaining batter into the prepare pan, and spread out evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the center of the brownies is set. Allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack while preparing the cheesecake.
For the Cheesecake:
- Using a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar until combined. Beat in the egg, then fold in the vanilla extract, and flour.
- Pour the mixture over the brownie layer and spread out evenly. Spoon the reserved brownie batter on top, and using a toothpick, create swirls.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until the cheesecake center is almost set, but still a little under done. Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 4-5 hours. Cut into bars, and serve.
If you are not going to eat all of these right away. I would suggest putting them in a bowl, in the refrigerator. I just wouldn’t leave them in there more than a week.
Who wouldn’t love these, brownies and cheesecake mixed together. Creamy, fudgy chocolate, and topped with cheesecake absolutely sweet combination. Why stop at just the two, why not add a topping to top it off. Lets add some whip cream, mix it with some vanilla ice cream, maybe a strawberry, some mints. There so many things you can add to this combination, to give it so much flavor.
If I had the stuff to make this right now, I would definitely do it. Cheesecake has always been one of my favorites. Especially around the holidays and birthdays. My daughter absolutely loves cheesecake, but she likes when there are Oreos involved to.
Please enjoy this yummy treat!!