Yields: 12-14 slices
- 2 1/4 cups frosted animal cookie crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups chopped frosted animal cookies (divided)
White Chocolate Ganache:
- 6 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pink gel icing color
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 4 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9 inch spring form pan with parchment paper and grease sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the crust ingredients. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cover the outside of the pan with aluminum foil, so the water from the water bath can’t get in. Set this pan aside.
- Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined. Use a low speed, so less air gets into the batter.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla extract, until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly.
- Stir in about 1 1/4 cups of chopped animal cookies. Stir until combined.
- Add the remaining 3/.4 cup of chopped animal cookies. Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust, over the cookies, and spread into an even layer.
- Place spring form pan inside another larger pan. Fill the larger pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
- Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from oven and chill until firm, so about 4-5 hours or overnight.
Finish the cheesecake:
- When the cheesecake is firm, remove from the spring form pan and set on a serving plate.
- To make the white chocolate ganache. Put the white chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl.
- Microwave whipping cream until it begins to boil, pour it over the chocolate chips. Allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes, then whisk together. It should be smooth when done. If its not smooth put back in the microwave.
- Color the ganache with a little pink gel coloring.
- Pour the ganache onto the cheesecake and spread into an even layer.
- To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe dollops of whipped cream on top of white chocolate ganache.
- Top the cheesecake with frosted animal cookies and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until it is ready to be served.