- Hand pruner
- Used mostly to chop branches and stems.
- Hand rake
- The soil manipulation tool. You can use it to smooth out the soil, remove weeds, or turn your soil s an mini tiller.
These are the most essential hand tools. If you can I would look into also getting a hand weeder and gardening scissors.
Long Handled Tools:
- Bow Rake
- Surface level soil tool.
- Mostly used to level your garden, but can also be used to rake debris from your garden, making it better for the plants.
- Digging Fork
- Used for soil below the surface of your garden.
- Use digging forks to loosen, lift, and turn over soil.
- Round headed shovel
- A means to dig out weeds or stumps.
- Water hose
- Always include a hose to the list.
- This is the most essential tool. It brings water to your plants.
- Transplant spade
- It has a narrower, square head to dig nice trenches for you garden rows.
- Water wands
- This will save your back and water.
- Focuses on the areas that only need watering.
- Long handled
- Helps to tend to hard to reach places of the garden, especially tree branches blocking the sun light.
- Of coarse your going to need these.
- They protect your hands from getting scratched up.